Monday, July 07, 2008

I can't believe it!

Today, there was an email from Prof Sharaf of HUKM and quoting Dr Amnuay's email to him.

'Yes, the baby girl was directed to me by Prof. Ponseti. Actually, the foot was almost corrected by a ped orthopod. I didn't do anything much. Your doctor should have received the credit.'

I disagree Doc!!
I would like to stress here that none of the doctors in HKL who has touched my daughter’s feet deserved any credit. Dr Ponseti has suggested us to see Dr Amnuay in Bangkok after seeing Dania's feet photo after 2 surgeries hv been done in HKL.

This is what Dr Ponseti commented and says 'I would recommend that the cast be trimmed back over the tops of the toes so they are free to extend. The pictures show the foot is not completely corrected. There is a high arch, the big toe is hyperextended, the equinus is not corrected and the foot is adducted. She needs a few more casts. The deformity should be corrected without further surgery. Dr. Amnuay Jirasirikul in Bangkok , Thailand is experienced in treating clubfeet using our technique. I recommend you contact him. '
We have shared Dania’s feet photo with Dr Mathews Dobbs as well and he says ‘I would not recommend a major clubfoot surgery. Your child’s feet can be corrected with casting done in the correct manner and maybe a repeat percutaneous heel cord lengthening. You should not need extensive surgery.

I personally thinks that if Dania’s foot is almost corrected as per Dr Amnuay’s email to Prof Sharaf,the treatment in Malaysia should be NOT done half way and the solution is NOT recommending the 3rd surgery which we managed to escape. What Doctors in HKL has done to my daughters such as serial of casting which there were more than 7 times (Dr Ponseti says casting more than 7 times shows the treatment is in fault), the 2 surgeries which has NOT makes the physical of the feet looks better, the stupid splint by Jabatan Cara Kerja….all of this is CRAPPP!! It is against the Ponseti Method!!

For me, Dr Amnuay is just being humble to Prof Sharaf so that it may not jeopardize their relationship. From my observations, Doctors and nurses in Thailand are very humble, empathy and friendly. Shell can confirm you this as she spent her confinement days in Bangkok and she has met Dr Amnuay. Comparing with Malaysian’s doctor quality, treatment and also personality, we preferred Doctors in Bangkok. Besides, Thai’s people are sooo soft spoken.cakap pon siap ada rhythm.
I will not recommend any of clubfoot’s parents to see Paed Orthopedics in HKL until they are proven Ponseti certified by Dr Ponseti.
Iskkk meluatnyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tinggal kenangan

I need to write this for my future memories.. It is hard to say goodbye to the house u once called home that compiles all good and bad memor...