My previous job was challenging..it tested my patience, my limit but it wont take away my working spirit...expect the uncertainty, discrimination be it sexist or racist and dispute. For me, selagi dia tak halang from doing my prayers, and ganggu my akidah, that's fine..
Despite of working in a well-knowned multi national company, all these working culture do exist.
In my early years, this is the usual remark that my supervisor said to me..
"Z, you are new here..everyone is looking at you. You must make friends with executive at your level and NOT Admin asst.."
- huh? seriously..Layteng is my 1st best friend in my previous company. She introduced me to the whole office..whole office ya not whole division..I enjoyed her company and she always tumpang me in her cute red kancil and will drop me to the nearest bus stop near my rented apartment.
"Z, why muslim still want to wear tudung when the rapist also target those with tudung".
- seriously this is what from her mouth. I know how it comes out. During this time, there was a tragedy involved with a hijab muslim sister who got killed and raped, if I am not mistaken..
"Z, you can not take mc. You can not take leave. You just new here and you need to wait until a year probation is over"
- I did not take leave for a year. I worked late during new model launches, project kicked off . I was not given a break for a while for my breaking fast. But lucky me, I had a partner who pushed m to sneak out and go for quick makan.
"Z, I heard muslim cant wear protection because it is forbidden. That's why muslim has more than enough children"
- What wrong with this lady? Hmm. I just keep my mouth shut and smiled. No I didnt explain the right thing to her as she was not a person who can accept truth. She is an atheist . I know how this come out from her mouth."
This lady was my supervisor for 4 years. She was formerly a secretary promoted to AM. rumours said she has a secret affair with one of the ED in the company. I can confirmed this. How?
There was a night where I was working very late n waiting for my fiancé to fetch me. I thought this lady boss has gone home. To my surprise, I heard her voice and laughing with one of the familiar voice. When I look at the voice, I saw this lady boss and my ED holding each other arms. Both are married.
Banggg!! They saw me.
From that day, until few months later, the lady boss did not annoys me anymore. She seldom do the sarcastic remark on muslim anymore, and all instruction given to me was through emails even though she just sat next to me.
Next post, how I got to run away from her...Yeah I managed to get transferred..:)

No comments:
Post a Comment